Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Veggie Stew and Beet Chickpea Salad

I had some of my family over for dinner on Sunday. I made a big pot of veggie stew which pretty much entails putting whatever veggies I get from our Honeybrook CSA farm pick up on Sunday morning into a pot with a large can of stewed tomatoes and some Italian seasoning. This week we had onions, squash, bok choy, string beans and I added frozen corn and broccoli. We had that over whole wheat pasta, some extra sauce and some steamed broccoli on the side. It's hard to see the stew in the photo, but it's under the sauce.

We also had a large salad with some beets, chickpeas and string beans. Before joining a CSA farm, I never had a beet in my life. They are sooo easy to make and sooo delicious! You pretty much boil them until you can stick a fork in them easily. Once they are done you just run them under cold water and rub the skin off and viola, they're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment